Lecturer Environmental Law
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
Considering a career switch from legal practice to lecturing?
Can you motivate young people to develop themselves into young professionals that have more skills than just standard legal knowledge? Would you be the one that continually challenges our students to walk the extra mile in improving their law insights, assignments and projects? Can you translate your experience from practice into learning goals for our students? Are you a team player and not afraid of technological advancement in teaching?
What exactly will you do?
For our cluster Sustainability in Health and Environment we are looking for a lecturer environmental law. As lecturer in our programme you are part of a team of lecturers, working together. As lecturer you can have roles as substance expert, teacher, student coach, organizer, networker, researcher and developer. For this vacancy we are looking for a colleague that can teach in the area of Environmental Law (from a public and private law perspective) and possibly Administrative law. You are expected to be able to teach introductory courses in other legal fields as well.
We use an extensive and intensive tutorial system to enhance our student’s ability to convert their legal knowledge into practical output. Coaching students and your commitment to tutoring and mentoring in this respect is considered essential.
A number of Lecturer responsibilities:
- Teaching in the area of Environmental law, Administrative law and other basic courses;
- Guiding students in their development and acquisition of learning skills;
- Carrying out coaching activities for specific groups of students that is focused on study success, social responsibility, development of a professional identity and world citizenship.
- Tutoring students with their practical law related assignments, applied research projects and internships;
- Coordinating programme activities and education, like internships;
- Contributing to further develop the curriculum as a job-market oriented curriculum and participate in focused committee work;
- Interact with representatives of local, national, and international businesses, nonprofit organisations and governmental institutions to develop applied learning projects and study/career opportunities for our students;
For this vacancy we are looking for a collegial and enthusiastic legal professional who as lecturer would fully support our job market-oriented Program. You welcome change and embrace the opportunities change brings. You have demonstrated commitment to and (legal) experience in the promotion of environmental issues and have innovative ideas to engage our students in this area of fundamental social relevance.
You have strong organizational skills. You are able to handle pressure and periodic heavy workloads. You are competent with IT Tools and have an open mind towards new teaching- and learning methods. You are a team player and have strong communication skills. You like to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. You have interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching (at university level). In this Law Program fluency in English is required.
Do you also fit the job requirements below? If so, we encourage you to apply for this vacancy.
- You have a Master in Law;
- You have demonstrable relevant practical experience in the subjects noted above;
- You should have a clear interest, strong affinity and demonstrable expertise in teaching;
- You should have obtained, or be willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB).
- A salary between 3.560,72 and € 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.);
- Start date as of 1 December 2019 or earlier.
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment will depend on the organizational, educational and financial conditions.
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial, international and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. Main focus of the programme in the coming years is to further change the programme towards a full market-based programme. Furthermore, we transition to a programme structure of Result Responsible Teams. The programme, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, has currently around 1100 students and 50 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future. This is what we do at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. We share our knowledge and teach students the skills they need to be strong and confident enough to fulfil their ambitions. We make this happen by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students become critically aware of the world around them.
As a University of Applied Sciences we wish to reflect that we are at the heart of society. In addition to the diversity among our students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values a diverse employee base. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population where equal opportunities stand out.
Are you our new lecturer?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 24 September 2019. Interviews are expected to be held in the week of 30 September.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Lia Nijzink, e-mail at H.W.Nijzink@hhs.nl . For more information on the application process please contact Marianne Hollestein at team Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.