Associate Professor Artificial Intelligence
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
Are you the experienced data scientist who wants to take the lead in developing artificial intelligence methods in Smart Mobility & Field Robotics or High Tech Health & Agro? Do you want to be a programme leader and contribute, together with lecturers and students, to connecting research, education and society?
What are you going to do?
As an associate professor you will be given a new role within the Smart Sensor Systems professorship and the Centre of Expertise Digital Operations and Finance, which consists of seven professorships. The Smart Sensor Systems research group develops sensor systems to keep humans, animals, plants and machines healthy. Measurements of (environmental) exposure, nutrition, activities undertaken and health / functionality are central to this. These measurements are used to build prediction models in order to be able to take timely and (automatic) measures to prevent adverse health effects and dropout. The research lines in the professorship are: Smart Health, aimed at measurements for the benefit of people staying healthy in their daily lives, but also of plants in greenhouse horticulture; Smart Safety and Industry, aimed at occupational safety and machine health in the industrial environment; Smart Mobility & Field Robotics, aimed at sustainable and autonomous driving vehicles and robots for Dull, Dirty, Dangerous, or Difficult situations.
In a connecting role between the study programs and professorships in the centre of expertise, you will work in depth on prediction models based on statistics and machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence in order to arrive at (automatic) action perspectives. You work very independently and in close consultation with the professor Smart Sensor Systems and in the context of the centre of expertise Digital Operations & Finance where you will be the driving force behind Smart Mobility or High Tech Health & Agro. The mission of the centre of expertise is to innovate for a sustainable economy with a footprint as small as possible by deploying smart technologies and data in various stages of the life cycle of products and services: manufacturing, trade and use. And to keep professionals up to date in using smart technology and data to shape a sustainable economy.
Within the research group you develop your own research line on artificial intelligence, initiating and generating projects in grant and contract funding. In addition, you are able to direct the publication and dissemination of these projects and the results of research. You establish cross-links with other lines of research, for example with those of other professorships in the centre of expertise. You have active contact with companies and networks in the field of Smart Mobility or High Tech Health & Agro. You contribute to strengthening the connection with education. You involve teachers and students in various research projects, you are a sparring partner in the development of curricula and you are always looking for creative ways to further link education and research.
You have a PhD in a technical field on a data analysis topic and you have affinity with issues surrounding prediction models based on different datasets and multimodal measurements. We also expect experience with practice-oriented research and grant applications. And of course you are passionate about sharing your findings with the outside world in lectures and peer-reviewed articles.
- knowledge of current developments regarding measurement methods and associated analysis techniques in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical methods;
- a relevant track record of (semi-) scientific publications (H-index> 5), presentations and research grants;
- a relevant network in the knowledge infrastructure within and outside the university of applied sciences, and a network within the work field of the professorship, companies and knowledge institutions in the region and nationally;
- knowledge and experience in programming at least in R or Python;
- a good command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
- are an expert in your field;
- can be involved and creative in further deepening our research themes and lead your own research line within these themes;
- can provide independent and inspiring leadership to research projects and the research team;
- have good contact with the target group, students, professionals and researchers;
- can conduct effective consultation with various partners within and outside The Hague University of Applied Sciences;
- be able to make new (scientific) insights in word and writing accessible to different stakeholders at all conceivable levels;
- are successful in acquiring grant and contract funding for research.
What do we offer?
An independent function in a rapidly developing centre of expertise, a leading role in a line of research and the creation of synergy with other related research. You have access to different teams and professorships. You take The Hague University of Applied Sciences a step further in its ambition to be the regional player in applied AI. Your position is special: you work at the interface of research, policy and practice with all the dynamics and development opportunities that go with it.
We also offer:
- A temporary appointment of a maximum of two years depending on the professorship concerned (D4) with an interim evaluation after one year and a maximum size of 0.6 FTE;
- A salary of at least € 5,345.12 to a maximum of € 6,813.59 gross per month (scale 14) for a full working week;
- 8% holiday allowance (our employment conditions are in accordance with the collective labor agreement for higher professional education);
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A very generous leave scheme of approximately 53 days for a full-time appointment, including compulsory days off and national holidays;
- A very easily accessible workplace: both by train (we are located next to Hollands Spoor station) and by car (ample parking), also from Delft, Rijswijk, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Amsterdam;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- A dynamic environment, in the midst of passionate students and employees.
Would you like to know more about the CoE Digital Operations & Finance?
Please, visit our website https://www.dehaagsehogeschool.nl/onderzoek/kenniscentra/details/digital-operations-and-finance
The Hague University of Applied Sciences as an inclusive campus
The Hague University of Applied Sciences wants to be an inclusive campus. That is why equal opportunities are central to us and, in addition to a diverse student population, we strive for a great diversity of employees. After all, as a university of applied sciences we are at the center of society and we should reflect it. That is why we attach great value to making optimal use of the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.
Are you our new colleague?
Then apply with your CV and a short motivation letter. Please apply, the closing date is 12 March 2021, via the application button on the website of THUAS.
Would you like more information?
For substantive information about this vacancy, please contact John Bolte,via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact Maurice van Venetiën, Resourcing Advisor, via e-mail: email@example.com.
You can apply via the application button. No applications will be processed at these e-mail addresses.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 12 maart 2021, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)