Lecturer Business Law
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
This is your opportunity to work in an ambitious LAW programme that wants students to become excellent and adaptable legal professionals. Do you embrace today’s and tomorrow’s legal challenges and opportunities and are you a team player in the core? Then we are looking for you.
What will you do?
You will work in an international educational team and teach subjects in the field of Business Law: We are in particular looking for a colleagues in one or more of the following focus area(s) within our programme: Contract law & Contract Management, Licensing, Franchise and Distribution Law, Technology Media Telecommunications (TMT) Law, Legal Operations, Sales & Logistics Law. You have regular contact with the professional practice to keep the education up-to-date and practice oriented. This gives you the opportunity to interact with representatives of local, national, and international businesses, nonprofit organisations and governmental institutions to develop applied learning projects and study/career opportunities for our students. Furthermore, you could participate in law and technology focused committee work among others.
You are expected to be able to teach introductory law courses and help creating new course content in your field as well. We use an extensive and intensive tutorial system to enhance our student’s ability to convert their legal knowledge into practical output. Your commitment to tutoring and mentoring in this respect is considered essential.
As a lecturer you are going to develop and carry out high standard legal education. In the development students are going through you will be guiding them in their growing process towards becoming a young professional and acquisition of learning skills. You are going to coach and tutor students on their practical assignments, applied research projects and internships. You will have the coordination on programme activities and contribute to necessary administrative tasks.
We want you to be successful as a lecturer in this position. We look forward to read more about your experience. Furthermore we would like to see in your resume that you have:
- a (professional) Master in Law
- a clearly developed yourself in the area of Business Law and are able to coach students in gaining the necessary professional skills
- interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching (at university level) and able to teach in English with an open mind towards new teaching- and learning methods; Basic comprehension of Dutch is welcome
- have obtained, or be willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB)
- a residency permit that allows full time work in The Netherlands.
What we offer
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year, starting January 2021 (or earlier if possible). Extension of the appointment depends on the organizational, educational and financial conditions;
- A salary between € 3.658,64 and € 5.026,85 gross per month (lecturer - scale 11) for a full-time work week,
- 8% holiday pay;
- A guaranteed end of year pay of 8.3%;
- The employment conditions are in line with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education;
- A triving working environment at the most international University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands, working from the International City of Peace and Justice, The Hague.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial law, public international law, human rights, European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills and legal technology. Main focus of the programme in the coming years is to further develop as market-oriented law programme. The Programme, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1100 students and 50 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
THUAS as an inclusive campus
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De Haagse Hogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out. Through these various perspectives and creativity we are able to connect with the diversity amongst students, staff and the professional field in the evolving surroundings.
The application process at the faculty of Public Management, Law and Safety
This vacancy is a part of the pilot Nudging recruitment & selection of the Secretary of Social Affairs and Employment (SZW). When you have submitted your application, we shall remove your first name, country of birth and your date of birth to make your application anonymous. At THUAS we want to give you an equal opportunity in the selection process and not be led by information that could influence your chance of an invitation to a job interview. Therefor we only look at the talent you have developed and wish to gain. You can apply by answering 5 questions and uploading your resume. After the closing date we organize an objective preselection.
Are you our new colleague?
Do you think that you make a good match for this position and do you look forward to working at THUAS? Then please just answer the next 5 questions. Please enlighten each question with a maximum of 200 words.
- What is especially appealing to you to become a lecturer and why specifically at a Law Program with an applied character as it is at THUAS?
- To qualify for a lecturer position, you need to have a master's degree. With what degree(s) and relevant qualification(s) can you strengthen the Law Program?
- For this position we are specifically looking for candidates who have developed themselves in Business Law. With which substantive expertise in the field of Business Law can you strengthen the Law Program?
- What kind of didactical/teaching skills have you obtained so far to coach our students online and offline in English in their development?
- We train our students to become legal professionals. What would you bring to our students and how would you like to apply your experience of the legal practice in your teaching?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and response document that include the 5 answers to the questions above via the link below. The application deadline is Wednesday 28 October 2020.
The first round of interviews will be planned in the week after through a digital connection. The second round will take the form of a presentation and assignment. As a part of the second interview a presentation in form of a trial lecture is required.
Do you want more information?
Further information about this position can be obtained through contacting Peter Boswijk, via e-mail at P.Boswijk@hhs.nl
Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Marianne Hollestein of team Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or email@example.com.
You can only apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 28 oktober 2020, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)