Lecturer Applied Business Research, Statistics and Economics
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
In the position of lecturer you teach students in Statistics, Economics and Business Research related modules using teaching content that has been developed. An extra important dimension of this position, is that you will deliver interactive practical workshops and guide/coach students in business research. In the workshops you share the knowledge and experience you gained in the international business world with your students. In the coaching sessions you guide student through the business research process through (peer) feedback and coaching. As students work to apply the knowledge they gain during the course, you will assess, guide and coach them, in order to facilitate integration of theoretical and practical skills in business related research projects. In so doing, you help students attain the level of research skills required.
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume, we would like to read:
- that you hold a relevant master degree;
- you have at least 3 years’ experience working in an international, professional environment;
- you are well versed in teaching and guiding students in a practical oriented educational setting;
- you are willing to renew the curriculum by using blended learning techniques and other tools;
- that you are business fluent in English (level C1).
- are able to share ideas and opinions eloquently and correctly, in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing;
- stimulate and motivate students in their personal and professional development, in line with the educational goals set in our programme;
- contribute to a collaborative teaching environment in which you seek and offer support to students and colleagues;
- stay focused on realizing results and attaining (educational) goals as well as signaling opportunities to improve results.
- An appointment for one year (D4) for 0.6 – 0.8 fte, with the possibility of an extension.
- A salary of up to € 5.026,58 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week;
- 8% holiday pay;
- A guaranteed end of year bonus of 8.3%;
- A generous leave arrangement of approximately 53 days p/a, including public holidays and compulsory days off;
- A work place which is very easily accessible by either public transport (we are located right next to the train station Hollands Spoor) or by car (parking garage in the immediate vicinity), also from cities like Delft, Rijswijk, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Amsterdam.
International Business (IB), part of the Faculty Business, Finance & Marketing, offers a full-time English-language program. This Bachelor program (B.B.A.) is structured to educate young professionals for work in the international business field and was re-accredited by NVAO-overall GOOD. The program is in the process of transferring to a new “learning objective” based curriculum. Students are progressively trained from the start to apply their knowledge on cases drawn from real life situations through individual assignments and group projects.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences as an inclusive campus
The Hague University of Applied Sciences wants to be an inclusive campus. That's why we focus on equal opportunities and strive for a wide diversity of staff alongside a diverse student population. After all, as a university we are at the heart of society and should reflect that. That is why we attach great importance to making the best possible use of the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. This is how we find even more connection with our students and the changing world around us.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is January 27th, 2021. Interviews, including a trial lecture, will be held in the first week of February, 2021.
Do you want more information?
Further information about this position can be obtained through contacting Dep. Head Academic Staff IB drs. Rishma Radjie, tel. +31 6 41972588 or e-mail: email@example.com.
For information pertaining to the application procedure, please contact Pamela Schmitt-Leidsman, (Resourcing Advisor) on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply via the application button, no applications will be considered at these email addresses.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 27 januari 2021, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)