Lecturer Law of International Organisations
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
Will you train students to become excellent and adaptable legal professionals? Do you embrace today’s and tomorrow’s legal challenges and opportunities? Do you aim to educate world citizens and want to work in the International City of Peace and Justice? Can you work to create an ambitious and practice-oriented learning environment? Then we welcome your application.
What exactly will you do?
You will work in an educational team and teach subjects in the field of International Organisations, International Humanitarian Law and International Public Law. You have regular contact with the professional practice to keep the education up-to-date and practice-oriented. You are expected to be able to teach introductory courses in other legal fields as well. We use an extensive and intensive tutorial system to enhance our student’s ability to convert their legal knowledge into practical output. Your commitment to tutoring and mentoring in this respect is considered essential.
A number of Lecturer responsibilities:
- Developing and carrying out high standard legal education, mainly in the area of International Organisations and International Public Law;
- Guiding students in their development and acquisition of learning skills;
- Coaching and tutoring students with their practical assignments, applied research projects and internships;
- Coordinating programme activities;
- Contribution to further developing a job-market oriented curriculum and participate in focused committee work;
- Interact with representatives of local, national, and international businesses, nonprofit organisations and governmental institutions to develop applied learning projects and study/career opportunities for our students.
Do you also fit this profile? If so, we encourage you to apply for this vacancy, when:
- You have a (professional) Master in Law and are fluent in English;
- You want to work in an applied or job-market oriented Programme;
- You have strong organizational skills, are competent with IT tools and can handle pressure and deadlines;
- You have interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching (at university level), and an open mind towards new teaching- and learning methods;
- You are a team player and embrace working with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Extensive experience in the professional practice is important, a PhD is appreciated;
- You should have obtained, or be willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB).
- A salary between 3.560,72 and 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. Salary is depending on previous experience;
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment will depend on the organizational, educational and financial conditions;
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station);
- The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses;
- Working in The Hague as the International City of Peace and Justice.
You can apply for the position, online only, by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is Sunday 27 October, 23.59 hrs. CET. The first round of interviews will be held on Friday 1 November between 0900-1230 (if necessary through a digital connection). The second round will be a trial lecture, and will take place on Friday 8 November between 0900-1200.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial, international and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. Main focus of the programme in the coming years is to further develop as market-oriented law programme. The Programme, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1100 students and 50 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future as professional is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mr Peter Boswijk, via e-mail at email@example.com.
Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.