Teaching Assistant LAW Programme
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
This is your opportunity to work in an ambitious LAW programme that wants students to become excellent and adaptable legal professionals. Do you embrace today’s and tomorrow’s legal challenges and opportunities and are you a team player in the core? Then we are looking for you.As a Teaching Assistant you will work collaboratively in an educational team in a learning environment that stresses blended learning, flipped classrooms, and innovative teaching techniques that promote active and collaborative learning. You will coach our students in small learning groups (tutor groups) in their projects and assignments. In our legal skills courses you will instruct with a focus on skills related to the competences of legal analysis, legal advice, legal representation and decision-making. We believe that legal skills are critically important to equip our students for successful careers and we are proud of our unique and comprehensive skills curriculum. In addition you will act as a Study Coach in our Coaching Team with students who have study delay.
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume and cover letter, we would like to see that you have:
- a Bachelor in Law or a relevant social science (Preferably Private Law);
- a residency permit that allows full time work in The Netherlands;
- experience in professional practice;
- experience in teaching and an open mind towards new teaching- and learning methods;
- excellent language skills in English, and basic comprehension of Dutch is welcome.
When we meet for an interview, you will be able to convince us that you are able to alternate in roles and styles in order to meet your goals. Your candidacy will improve if you can share examples out of your work experience that support that you:
- Look forward to contributing to a collaborative teaching environment with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Can connect, motivate and communicate with our students during their development towards legal professionals;
- Have strong organizational and IT skills and can work under time pressure.
What we offer
An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours per week in a temporary position for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment depends on the organizational, educational and financial conditions;
- A salary between € 2.769,32 and € 4.192,37 gross per month (scale 10) for a full-time work week;
- 8% holiday pay;
- A guaranteed end of year pay of 8.3%;
- The employment conditions are in line with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station).
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial law, public international law, human rights, European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills and legal technology. Main focus of the programme in the coming years is to further develop as market-oriented law programme. The Programme, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1100 students and 50 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De Haagse Hogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is Sunday 5 April 2020. Due to recent developments around the Corona virus we strive to scheduling our interviews online as much as possible. As a part of the second interview, we require candidates to complete an exercise on written material.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Ms Lia Nijzink, via e-mail at email@example.com . Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Marianne Hollestein of Team Resourcing, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 5 april 2020, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)