Programme Coordinator Centre of Expertise on Global Governance (ENG)
In het kort
Uren per week:
Are you able to inspire and help develop an ambitious research team? Do you thrive in working on research, internal procedures, and external profiling? If so, we are looking for a such a person to be the Programme Coordinator for the Centre of Expertise on Global Governance.
What are you going to do?
Under the direction of the Leading Lector of the Centre of Expertise Global Governance you work on the strategic policy development across the entire university and outside THUAS to build a relevant, vibrant, and future-proof Centre of Expertise. In many ways you have an important connecting role within the Centre of Expertise. You bring academic and organizational skills to bear on the further development of a team of three lectors and more than 20 (senior) researchers. You work with the Leading Lector on the realization of a strategic multi-year plan for the Centre of Expertise, including coordination with internal and external partners. You draw up the management reports, budget and annual plans. You develop the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle of the Centre of Expertise and you are responsible for the upcoming visitation. Together with the Leading Lector you work on further aligning of research and education at THUAS.
You initiate, coordinate and organize activities of the Centre of Expertise. Here, you often work together with the Leading Lector, two other lectors, researchers, and stakeholders.
You work on the external profiling of the Centre of Expertise and communications with support of the Management Assistant (MA) and a communication advisor. Together with the MA you take care of the organizational and administrative management of the Centre of Expertise. You guide the services of THUAS in the development of an effective infrastructure for research with other Program Coordinators at THUAS.
We want you to be successful in your new role. We look forward to reading more about your skills and experience. Hence, we would like to see in your resume that you have:
- a master's degree;
- affinity with projects and research in the field of global governance;
- demonstrable, successful experience with project management and finances (budgeting) more generally;
- experience in managing a unit / group within the context of a university of applied sciences or other (large-scale) knowledge institute;
- experience in setting up multidisciplinary, externally funded projects;
- experience in transition projects and a network in the professional practice;
- excellent command of English and Dutch, both spoken and written.
When we talk to you, you will be able to convince us with examples from your work experience that you:
- are able to work independently;
- are able to develop an independent vision/ judgment at an academic level;
- have developed excellent time management and organizational skills;
- can be nimble in communication styles and roles and can use internal and external relationships to achieve your goals;
- can steer and align team members in achieving desired results and aligned goals.
Centres of Expertise
The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) has seven Centres of Expertise to increase the quality, impact and visibility of research. In this context, a group of lectors and (senior) researchers, together with external partners, is working on the development of a Center of Expertise. The Center of Expertise is organized under the Executive Board. The Program Coordinator reports to the Leading Lector of the Centre of Expertise.
The Center of Expertise on Global Governance combines the strengths of three research groups at THUAS: Changing Role of Europe, UN Studies in Peace and Justice, and Multilevel Regulation. The aforementioned research groups seek to enhance the understanding of (future) professionals of how global governance works in practice.
What we offer:
- a temporary position for one year (D4) of 0.6-0.8 FTE; 24-32 hours a week (with a possibility of an extension);
- Preferable starting date 1 April 2021;
- a salary of a maximum of € 6,202.14 gross per month (scale 13) for a full working week;
- (read more about our attractive secondary conditions).
The Hague University of Applied Sciences as an inclusive campus
The Hague University of Applied Sciences wants to be an inclusive campus. That is why equal opportunities are central to us and, in addition to a diverse student population, we strive for a great diversity of employees. After all, as a university of applied sciences we are at the center of society and we should reflect it. That is why we attach great value to making optimal use of the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.
Are you our new colleague?
Are you interested in the position and you think you are a suitable candidate? Then apply with your CV and a short motivation letter. Please apply online, the closing date is monday 8 March 2021, via the application button on the website of THUAS.
Due to the Covid-19 developments we follow the RIVM guidelines and our job interviews are kept online as much as possible.
Would you like more information?
For substantive information about this vacancy, please contact Barbara Warwas, the Leading Lector via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For general information: Marianne Hollestein, Resourcing Advisor, via e-mail: email@example.com .
You can apply via the application button. No applications will be processed at these e-mail addresses.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 8 maart 2021, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)