Lecturer Legal Technology
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
Do you want to contribute to educating the Law Professional of the 21st century? Do you embrace today’s and tomorrow’s legal challenges and opportunities? Can you create an ambitious and practice-oriented learning environment? Then we welcome your application.
What will you do?
We wish to further develop our Legal Technoloy education. Your role as expert in the field of Legal Technology is key to develop a new learning line focusing on Legal Technology. To do so you will work in one or more educational teams and develop teaching in the field of Legal Technology, with a focus on Basic IT-Skills, Legal Design, Decision-models, Document automation, E-discovery and Artificial Intelligence. As a lecturer you are going to develop and carry out high standard legal education, mainly in the area of legal technology. This includes but is not limited to new and emerging technologies in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
You have regular contact with the professional practice to keep the education up-to-date and practice-oriented. This gives you the opportunity to interact with representatives of local, national, and international businesses, nonprofit organisations and governmental institutions to develop applied learning projects and study/career opportunities for our students. Furthermore, you could participate focused committee work among others.
You are expected to be able to teach introductory law courses and help create new course content as well. We use an extensive and intensive tutorial system to enhance our student’s ability to convert their legal knowledge into practical output. Your commitment to tutoring and coaching in this respect is considered essential.
In the development students are going through you will be guiding them in their growing process towards becoming a young professional and acquisition of learning skills. You are going to coach and tutor students on their practical assignments, applied research projects and internships. You will have the coordination on programme activities and contribute to necessary administrative tasks.
We want you to be successful as a lecturer in this position. We look forward to read more about your experience. Furthermore we would like to see in your resume that:
- You have a (professional) Master in Law;
- You have a clearly developed yourself in the area of law & technology and are able to coach students in gaining the necessary professional skills;
- You have knowledge of legal tech systems. It would be welcome if you have knowledge of tools such as Berkeley Bridge, Neota, Juriblox and Community Lawyer (and other no-code or low-code document assembly systems);
- You have interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching (at university level) and able to teach in English with an open mind towards new teaching- and learning methods; Basic comprehension of Dutch is welcome but not a requirement;
- You should have obtained, or be willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB).
What we offer
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year (D4). Extension of the appointment will depend on the organizational, educational and financial conditions;
- A salary between € 3.658,64 and € 5.026,85 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, Salary is depending on previous experience;
- 8% holiday pay;
- A guaranteed end of the year pay of 8,3%;
- The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education;
- An easily accessible work space by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to The Hague Hollands Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses;
- Working in The Hague as the International City of Peace and Justice.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial, international and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. Main focus of the programme in the coming years is to further develop as a market oriented programme. The Program, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1100 students and more than 50 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
THUAS as an inclusive campus
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De Haagse Hogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out. Through these various perspectives and creativity we are able to connect with the diversity amongst students, staff and the professional field in the evolving surroundings.
The application process at the faculty of Public Management, Law and Safety
This vacancy is a part of the pilot Nudging recruitment & selection of the Secretary of Social Affairs and Employment (SZW). When you have submitted your application, we shall remove your first name, country of birth and your date of birth to make your application anonymous. At THUAS we want to give you an equal opportunity in the selection process and not be led by information that could influence your chance of an invitation to a job interview. Therefor we only look at the talent you have developed and wish to gain. You can apply by answering 5 questions and uploading your resume. After the closing date we organize an objective preselection.
Are you our new colleague?
Do you think that you make a good match for this position and do you look forward to working at THUAS? Then please just answer the next 5 questions. Please enlighten each question with a maximum of 200 words.
- What is especially appealing to you to become a lecturer and why specifically at a Law Program with an applied character as it is at THUAS?
- With which expertise, knowledge and/or experience in the field of Legal Technology can you strengthen the Law Program?
- For this role we are looking for a pioneering mentality where you are able to materialize within a short time frame. Please enlighten with examples of that from your work experience?
- What kind of didactical/teaching skills have you obtained so far to coach our students online and offline in English in their development?
- We train our students to become legal professionals. What would you bring to our students and how would you apply your experience of the legal practice in your teaching?
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and response document that include the 5 answers to the questions above via the link below. The application deadline is 3 December 2020.
The first round of interviews will be planned in the week of 7-11 December 2020 (if needed through a digital connection). The second round will take the form of a presentation and assignment. As a part of the second interview a presentation in form of a trial lecture is required.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Ms Lia Nijzink, via e-mail at email@example.com.
Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Resourcing, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 3 december 2020, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)