Principal Lecturer for Finance & Accounting
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
Are you keen to share your knowledge and experience with the next generation? Do you enjoy engaging in educational innovation and implementing innovative teaching formats?
The programme International Business
International Business (IB), part of the Faculty Business, Finance & Marketing, offers a full-time English-language program. This Bachelor program (B.B.A.) is structured to educate young professionals for work in the international business field. Students are progressively trained from the start to apply their knowledge on cases drawn from real-life situations through individual assignments and group projects.
The Bachelor programme in International Business (IB) is looking for a Principal Lecturer for our learning line Finance & Accounting.
The Principle Lecturer is responsible for:
- Leading the Finance & Accounting team in developing the learning line for Finance & Accounting;
- Providing coaching to our Finance & Accounting lecturers on developing courses;
- Motivating, coaching and encouraging our Finance & Accounting lecturers establishing and maintaining contacts with companies to enrich their courses, further their individual development and ensure connections to the professional field;
- Lecturing, teaching and grading Finance & Accounting courses including providing feedback to students;
- Providing strong organisation and communication skills;
- Acting as tutor/mentor advising and coaching small groups of students on assignments, projects, papers and career planning;
- Liaising with the Team Leader regarding development of the Finance & Accounting team;
- Acting as the contact for research efforts in the field of Finance & Accounting;
- Take the initiative in showing expertise in Finance & Accounting through for instance publications, seminars, Master classes within and outside THUAS;
- Actively contribute to collaborating with other learning lines within IB such as Operations & Supply chain and with other programmes within the Faculty, THUAS and external partners.
- A PhD or a Master’s degree with relevant and (recent) research experience in the field of Finance & Accounting;
- Having a broader perspective on the field of Finance & Accounting. Not being restricted or specialised in only a particular discipline;
- Extensive experience with Finance & Accounting related topics at an executive level in an international environment and / or a large cooperation;
- Proven track record of leading teams and leading change;
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is an asset;
- Having experience in working together with other disciplines such as Operations & Supply Chain or Marketing & Sales is seen as an advantage;
- Wide network within the international business world;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (native or near native speaker);
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff and students.
- A salary up to a maximum of € 6.036,14 gross per month (Hogeschoolhoofddocent, scale 13) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education);
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment from 0.8 to 1.0 FTE, in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space by both car (plenty of parking space), train (next to the Hollands Spoor trainstation) and public transport;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses.
International Business at the Hague University of Applied Sciences is a well-established undergraduate degree program which prepares students to become versatile professionals in disciplines such as Marketing & Sales, Finance & Accounting, People & Organisation and Operations & Supply Chain Management. With 25 years of teaching and learning to draw from, over 1200 students from over 40 nationalities, and an international staff, the program truly offers a diverse work environment.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. Please attach a statement of your teaching philosophy and your views on applied research. Please also provide two references whom we may contact.
The application deadline is 30 August 2019. Interviews will be held during the week of 9 September 2019.
Next to interviews with your colleagues you will have to prepare and deliver a trail lecture/research presentation on the day of the interview. Selected candidates will have a second interview in the week of 16 September followed by a (research) presentation on the same day. Details will be sent to you together with an invitation for the interviews.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Armand van Oostrom, Deputy Head of Academic staff IB, via e-mail: A.G.L.vanOostrom@hhs.nl. or Dr. Rogier Busser, Programme Director IB, email R.B.P.M.Busser@hhs.nl .
Want more information about the application process? Then contact Pamela Leidsman, Resourcing Advisor, on +31 (0)70-445 8612 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.