Lecturer International Business
In het kort
Onderwijs en Onderzoek
Uren per week:
In the position of lecturer you teach students in Supply Chain & Operations and related modules using teaching content that is already developed. An important dimension of this position is that you will deliver interactive practical workshops. In these workshops you share the knowledge and experience you gained in the international business world with your students. As students work to apply the knowledge they gain during the course, you will assess, guide and coach them, in order to facilitate integration of theoretical and practical skills in business related research projects. In so doing, you help students attain the level of research skills required.
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume, we would like to read that you have/are:
- A relevant Master’s degree;
- Several years of work experience in Operations and / or Supply Chain preferably in a management / leadership role;
- Able to demonstrate experience in particular in process improvement. Experience from the service industry would be valued;
- Business fluent in English (level C1).
- Experience in / passion for teaching and guiding students in a competence oriented international educational setting;
- Experience in developing Operation & Supply Chain related courses is seen as an advantage.
When we meet for an interview, you will be able to convince us that you are able to alternate in roles and styles in order to meet your and our (educational) goals. Your candidacy would improve, if you could share examples from your work experience that support and prove you:
- are able to share ideas and opinions eloquently and correctly, in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing;
- stimulate and motivate students in their personal and professional development, in line with the educational goals set in our programme;
- contribute to a collaborative teaching environment in which you seek and offer support to students and colleagues;
- stay focussed on realising results and attaining (educational) goals as well as signalling opportunities to improve results;
- ability to inspire and motivate (groups of) students;
- flexibility and learning attitude;
- enthusiastic team player;
- a relevant (international) network of contacts.
What we offer
We have an opening in our team for a lecturer.
- An appointment for one year (D4) for 0.6 – 0.8 fte, with the possibility of an extension towards a permanent employment contract;
- A salary of up to € 5.026,85 (lecturer, scale 11) for a full-time work week;
- 8% holiday pay;
- A guaranteed end of year bonus of 8.3%;
- A generous leave arrangement of approximately 53 days p/a, including public holidays and compulsory days off;
- A work place which is very easily accessible by either public transport (we are located right next to the train station Hollands Spoor) or by car (parking garage in the immediate vicinity), also from cities like Delft, Rijswijk, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Amsterdam.
Do you want to know more about the study program?
International Business (IB), part of the Faculty Business, Finance & Marketing, offers a full-time English-language program. This Bachelor program (B.B.A.) is structured to educate young professionals for work in the international business field and was re-accredited by NVAO-overall GOOD. The program is in the process of transferring to a new “learning objective” based curriculum. Students are progressively trained from the start to apply their knowledge on cases drawn from real life situations through individual assignments and group projects.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences as an inclusive campus
The Hague University of Applied Sciences wants to be an inclusive campus. That's why we focus on equal opportunities and strive for a wide diversity of staff alongside a diverse student population. After all, as a university of applied sciences we are at the heart of society and should reflect that. That is why we attach great importance to making the best possible use of the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. This enables us to connect even more closely with our students and the changing world around us.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is August 23, 2020. Interviews will be held in the week of August 31, 2020.
Do you want more information?
Further information about this position can be obtained through contacting Dep. Head Academic Staff IB Armand van Oostrom, tel. +31 614328344.
For information pertaining to the application procedure, please contact Pamela Schmitt - Leidsman (Resourcing Advisor) via email email@example.com
During the holiday period from July 20 to August 23, 2020, The Hague University of Applied Sciences is less accessible. We strive to inform you as soon as possible about the progress of the selection process.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to the e-mail addresses above will not be considered.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
*Sluitingstermijn van deze vacature is op 23 augustus 2020, 23:59u. (GMT + 1)